This privacy statement should be read in conjunction with the terms and conditions of our website.
YOUR PRIVACY IS OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE TO US
At Pop Style, we understand that your privacy and personal information is of great value to you. Pop Style (Pty) Ltd shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from: http://www.polity.org.za/attachment.php?aa_id=3569.
We have placed robust security and technology policies intended to safeguard the information we hold. When you place an order or access your account information, we use a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption which encrypts your information before it is sent to us to protect it from unauthorised use. We have also secured Cyber Insurance to further ensure we protect our client’s information.
This policy states our practices and the measures we take to protect this information.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES POP STYLE COLLECT AND WHY?
Pop Style (Pty) Ltd collects the following information:
- Profile information:
- Personal identifiers such as real name and surname, user name, ethnicity;
- Contact information such as your phone number, email address, and shipping address
- Personal characteristics such as gender, date of birth, ID number.
- Customer details will be stored by Pop Style (Pty) Ltd separately from card details which are entered by the client on PayGate’s secure site. For more detail on PayGate refer to paygate.co.za.
We collect this information for operational purposes only. We administer and maintain the service, receiving, processing and dispatching your order successfully, and to liaise with you concerning your order or any other query/customer support purposes.
We also use this information to perform data analytics, measure our audience and maintain and improve our Services.
With the contact information we collect, we’re able to send you promotions, email updates, and notify you of our products and Services. We provide options to opt out should you not wish to receive promotional information.
We also use your personal identifiers and characteristics to prevent fraud and for general security purposes.
We collect this information when you sign up for an account on our website, place orders, complete any surveys, online forms, competitions, and interact with us in any other way on social media. By registering, subscribing or using our services, you consent to the use of your personal data in line with this policy.
- Purchasing history and financial information (required to complete your transaction):
- Saved payment card details will only be shared with our payment partner and not with any other third parties and will only be used to process your order, using our payment partner’s systems.
- Card transactions will be acquired for Pop Style (Pty) Ltd via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for all South African Acquiring Banks. PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no Card details are stored on the website. Users may go to paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
We collect this information for operational purposes only. We administer and maintain the service, receiving, processing and dispatching your order successfully, and to liaise with you concerning your order or any other query.
Through the purchasing history, we’re able to perform data analytics, measure our audience and maintain and improve our Services by sending emails concerning certain products or services you might be interested in.
We also use your card information for fraud prevention and for general security purposes.
- Internet activity (search/browsing history and your interaction with our website, emails, advertisements, promotions)
- (collected by the IT system)
- Technical data from your computer/mobile device
- The system will collect information such as the following:
- IP address, device type, device or advertising identification number, browser-type, and other technical information.
- The system will collect information such as the following:
- Geographical location
- (if it is enabled on your device)
By collecting this information, it provides us more insight on how our visitors use the Services, their geographical location, and their interests. All this information is for our own operational, commercial, and quality assurance purposes, including internal analytics and to improve the quality and efficiency of our Services.
- Testimonials/comments/surveys and reviews:
- Provided you give us permission, we may use your feedback to improve our services. We may also use this feedback to promote our business and services by publishing it online. Your identity will be protected should you request so.
- Social Media:
WHO DOES POP STYLE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH?
We may disclose your personal information to the following entities:
Third party service providers for business purposes:
In order to run our business professionally, we rely on trusted third parties to provide us with their service and/or products. We permit these companies to utilize your personal information only to the extent necessary to carry out our business.
We work with the following third parties:
- Courier companies – As the courier company needs to deliver your products to you, they need to have access to information such as your full name, billing address and contact details.
- Payment providers – We make use of PayGate to enable our valued customers to initiate their payments securely. This information will include your credit/debit card details.
- Any recognized law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency or court where we believe it is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your interests or those of any other person.
- Our advisors such as, lawyers and auditors and any other similar body in connection with such a service provided to us.
We may make use of third-party advertising networks and platforms to advertise our products and/or services which may be of interest to you. We may collect information of such interests based on how you interact with our website.
These advertising networks may be affiliated with the Network Advertising Initiative or participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Program. To learn more about your choices relating to members of the NAI visit their website at https://optout.networkadvertising.org/. To learn more about your choices relating to networks that participate in the DAA Program, please visit http://www.aboutads.infochoices .
Please note that even if you choose to opt-out, modify or restrict your preferences, you might still see and/or receive Pop Style promotions/advertisements. However, such promotions/advertisements will not be based upon your browsing history.
DO NOT TRACK
Pop Style does not monitor/follow “Do Not Track” signals as there is no standard interpretation or practice for such signals. We handle all user information consistent with this Policy.
INFORMATION SECURITY, DELETION AND RETENTION
We value our customers’ personal information and ensuring your privacy is of utmost importance to us. We take several measures to ensure that your information is secure.
These measures include the following:
- We use a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to encrypt the personal data that you send us during the order process, surveys, forms (including any financial information such as credit or debit card details).
- Requesting you to establish a unique username and password to access your account on our Website.
- We do not keep personal financial information such as CVV numbers.
- We also run frequent tests on our IT system to ensure we mitigate any vulnerabilities. Please note that despite all our security measures, transmission over the internet isn’t entirely safe. Any transmission you make is at your own risk. Also note, that if you voluntarily disclose any personal information through any other means of communication other than our Website (such as email, Social Media messaging), that information could be used by those third parties outside of ours and you control.
We retain your personal information, unless such time you request us not to, when you have ongoing business with us to the extent necessary to complete your order successfully. We also retain such information to the extent necessary to comply with finance, legal or tax requirements.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may make changes to this policy from time to time. It is imperative that you check this policy before using our website.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
You have the right to know whether we process personal data about you, and if we do, to access data we hold about you and certain information about how we use it and who we share it with (including the categories of personal data we share with businesses for their direct marketing uses and the names and addresses of those businesses).
You have the right to correct personal data held about you that is inaccurate.
You may request such corrections by emailing us on the address in the “Contact Us” section below.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us using the address in the “Contact Us” section below.
You have the right to object to our processing of information about you used to send you promotions and special offers. You will still receive information related to your orders you make through the website.
You have the right to request your personal information to be erased from our system.
Please provide as much detail as possible on your reasons for the request to assist us in determining whether you have a valid basis for erasure. Please note, however, that we may retain the personal data if there are valid grounds under law for us to do so. We will notify you should this be the case. By law we are required to retain customer data for five (5) years after request for erasure.
Pop Style (Pty) Ltd/www.pop-style.co collects information about your use of our online services using cookies. Cookies are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which allows the server to uniquely identify the browser on each page.
Cookies assist us in remembering who you are and other information about your website visits. They assist in displaying the information on a website in a way that matches your interests.
We make use of many different cookies such as the following:
- Performance cookies:
- These cookies are used specifically for gathering data on how visitors use a website, which pages of a website are visited most often, or if they get error messages on web pages. These cookies monitor only the performance of the site as the user interacts with it. These cookies don’t collect identifiable information on visitors, which means all the data collected is anonymous and only used to improve the functionality of a website.
- Functionality cookies:
- These cookies allow websites to remember the user’s site preferences and choices they make on the site including username, region, and language. This allows the website to provide personalized features. They are anonymous and don’t track browsing activity across other websites. Functionality cookies can include first party, third party, persistent or session cookies.
- Strictly necessary cookies:
- These cookies are classified as cookies that must be present for the website to provide the basic functions of the website. They are essential to be able to access features of the website and could include signing in, adding items to a cart, or e-billing.
- Targeting/advertising cookies:
- These cookies are specifically designed to gather information from you on your device to display advertisements to you based on relevant topics that interest you. Advertisers will place these cookies on a website with the website operator’s permission. The information the cookies gather on you can be shared with other advertisers to measure the performance of their advertisements.
- Social Media cookies:
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org. should you wish to do so. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Website.
If you have any queries regarding this policy, please contact us via email@example.com.
Please do not include any sensitive information in your correspondence as emails may not be encrypted.